I Fought The Floor
...and the floor won.
Have I ever mentioned that I'm a klutz? I was spot cleaning the tile on Saturday morning when I accidentally spilled the bowl of water on the floor. Being the
"Oh babe." Hoop fussed, lifting me off the floor. "Are you OK?" After testing to make sure nothing was broken, I started to laugh. I mean seriously, who forgets the floor is wet MOMENTS after they clean it? Almost two years ago, not long after Hoop and I had met, we were watching T.V. when I heard the dog knock over his water dish in the kitchen. So I got up, surveyed the damage, and then walked through the water on my way to get a towel. You can see where this is going. I hit my hip so hard that time that I had problems sitting for two weeks! It's amazing Hoop hasn't wrapped me in bumpers.
1. Friday night, Hoop and I ate dinner at one of the places we were considering for our wedding reception.
2. The food was amazing. The only thing that bothered me was the wait-staff. Although the place would be considered "fine dinning", most of the diners were dressed in blue jeans and Polos. The staff, on the other hand, were dressed in suits and ties.
3. "More bread?" Our waiter asked, leaning over the table at me with his huge silver platter. "Um- Yes, please?" It's hard to pretend to be refined when you're wearing yesterday's pants and your significant other is making jokes about the geriatric piano player.
4. Overall though, we really loved the Southern charm of the place. You can see a picture (I stole off the Internet) of it below.
5. Mom, Lil Bit, and I went back on Saturday night to make a deposit. Now to find a place to actually get married. Woof.
6. After checking out the venue, we headed to the mall, where Mom and I tried in vain to convince my thirteen-year-old brother to go see "27 Dresses".
7. Yeah I know. But it was worth a try. I mean, he went and saw "Juno" with us last weekend!
8. Apparently there's only so many chick flicks a dude can handle in a month.
How was your weekend?