Monday, March 17, 2008

He's Alive!

Just for the record, Hoop did not actually eat something called the fatal potato berry. He is still very much alive. But thanks for your concern...

You dopes.

Weekend Recap:
1. Sunday and I had a date. It was going to be wonderful. The weather was in the high 70's and nothing had to be done around the house. We had big plans of spending our time together at the park.
2. Poor Sunday. She should know by now that I have really shitty luck.
3. As I was getting ready to take my brother back home (he'd spent the night Saturday), Hoop and I got into a nasty fight.
4. I said some things I don't quite regret and Hoop responded by giving me the stank-eye.
5. So I set off on my own, dreams of all the great adventures I was going to have (ALONE) dancing through my head.
6. Then I ran over a three inch deck screw on the way back from Big Bit's house.
7. Not willing to call mercy, I decided to fix the problem on my own. Armed with a gigantic blue beach towel, a screwdriver, and a can of Fix-A-Flat I went to work.
8. Three strapping men asked if I needed help. I denied them all.
9. I am woman, hear me scream profanity.
10. After twenty minutes of yanking on the damn thing, I finally realized that it would screw out of the tire fairly easily. Imagine that.
11. Once the screw was out, the air poured from the tire uninhibited. It was completely flat before I could even get the lid off the can.
12. It was after I was done, and the tire was still flat, that I decided to call Papa Bear for help.
13. Then I tried to clean up my mess. Unfortunately, the tire had flattened ON the gigantic towel. It looked like a cape. Like maybe my car had fallen on some hapless superhero.
14. This made more than one rubbernecker laugh. Pictures to come.
15. After the tire was fixed, I skipped plans to go to the park and grudgingly made my way home instead.
16. Maybe it's just as well. I might have gotten mauled by a rabid squirrel or something.

Movie Reviews:

Doomsday
Think Mad Max meets Saw. The premise of the movie was interesting. Because it dealt with the future and a deadly virus, I wanted to love it. But somewhere they lost me. Maybe it was with the rebels who didn't have enough food to keep from turning into cannibals, but had enough hair dye to last twenty-five years. If you DO see the movie, please tell me why they didn't just eat that huge herd of wild cows? Overall, the movie was entertaining. I wouldn't buy it, or watch it again. But if nothing else, it was worth the bashing that followed. I mean seriously, how likely is it that a car sitting in a cave twenty-five years is going to run without a problem? Hoop and I gave this flick two and a half sporks out of five.

No Country For Old Men
Anton Chigurh (Javier Bardem) may be the creepiest and most realistic bad guy I've ever seen on film. His performance was award winning. I cracked open a book at the beginning of the movie, not expecting to be that interested. The book sat in my lap for thirty minutes before I remembered it was there and put it down. For those who like a good mix of suspense, horror and good dialogue, check this movie out. Hoop and I gave it five out of five sporks.

Labels: ,

31 Comments:

At 17 March, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't been called a dope in ages ;)
What a miserable day, hope you and Hoop get things smoothed over.
Never fun to fight.
You know I am struggling for my WWC this week....can't find anyone to dress like a French Maid so I can cover foreign and domestic all in one shot :)

 
At 17 March, 2008, Blogger Hilary said...

Poor you.. but oh my.. that's funny. I can't wait to see the photos of the fallen superhero. Thanks for the laugh, Tink.

 
At 17 March, 2008, Blogger Jay said...

Ha! We both reviewed NCFOM today! Such a great movie. It might have deserved an extra half spork. That's how good it really was.

Fix a Flat is bad. I recommend you get a little roadside emergency kit that includes an air pump that can plug into your lighter and run off the car batter and air the tire up. It takes a long time, but it's much better than that Fix a Flat stuff.

I know, I'm so full of sh .. er .. great advice it's amazing, huh? ;-)

 
At 17 March, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too watched No Country For Old Men this weekend (twice!) and agree it's great. L and I are walking around saying things like, "It'll do till the mess gets here," and "Looking for a man who has just been drinking milk," or "Be careful-always am; don't get hurt-never do; don't hurt anybody-if you say so." I gotta go get the book now.

 
At 17 March, 2008, Blogger Sparkling Red said...

Boo to fights and flats. :-P

I'm proud of you for being so determined to fix it yourself. I give you five out of five sporks for determination. ;-)

 
At 17 March, 2008, Blogger fiwa said...

I always do that when I get pissed at Clarke, make plans to go do something GREAT by myself. But it never seems to work out right- and the pisser of it is, it doesn't seem to even REGISTER with Clarke that I'm pissed and off doing something without him. Men.
Sorry you had a cruddy weekend, girlita.

No Country for Old Men - I watched it this weekend too. I thought the acting was great, but some of the story line left me in the dark. Imma go get the book and read it and see if that helps.

lovins,
fiwa

 
At 17 March, 2008, Blogger furiousBall said...

sweet, i can't wait to see No Country

 
At 17 March, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow ... Karma caught up to you. Maybe it was the "stank-eye" ( I'm laughing at that ). Dude, 3 men tried to be nice to you . I thought Hoop had stank finger from rubbing himself a few months ago.

~Jef

 
At 17 March, 2008, Blogger Jo said...

I wonder what stank-eye looks like. I get "poopy face" instead.

I'm impressed you tried to fix the flat yourself! I changed a tire once, then decided it was icky.

 
At 17 March, 2008, Blogger Mike said...

I have a 15 year old truck. A year ago, I had to change a flat.

Trucks have full sized spares, UNDER the truck.

It hadn't come off in 15 years.

I had to shear off the bolt to undo it. FUN!

I can't wait till they invent teleporters.

 
At 17 March, 2008, Blogger Chris said...

Um... at least you had good weather to be outside in while you cussed at the tire?!

 
At 17 March, 2008, Blogger Reb said...

Ah, yes, flat tires. I believe in knowing how to do things, but hey, if someone volunteers to help me or to do it for me - I'm all about letting them do it! Can't wait to see the pictures.

 
At 17 March, 2008, Blogger Lynnea said...

Man your Sunday sucked. I blame Hoop.

 
At 17 March, 2008, Blogger Mignon said...

You first tried to pull a screw out of your tire, then got smart and unscrewed it, thusly opening the hole to let all the air out of said tire.... and you're calling us dopes? Ha ha - what was the towel for?

I agree about NCfOM. The kind of movie I think is very good, but I never want to see or think about again. Like Pan's Labrynth and Requiem for a Dream.

 
At 17 March, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, this was sad and funny at the same time.

bummer that your woman's roar ended up getting you nowhere.

 
At 17 March, 2008, Blogger mamatulip said...

I'm impressed you tried to take on the flat tire. It's likely I would have curled up on the road and wept. Highly likely.

It doesn't sound like Sunday was the best day...hope today was better. :)

I kept waiting for something more to happen in NCFOM. I thought Bardem was awesome but there was something about the movie that felt kind of disconnected to me.

 
At 17 March, 2008, Blogger Aunt Jackie said...

You're still a badassed superchick in my book!!! Here here! Cheers to the strong amazon women of our time! :)

We know we only need those dudes for one or two things anyways... hehe (besides taking out the garbage). Oh I'm awful!

Glad you're o.k., hope you and Hoop have mended up.

Love is tough, but always worth it.

 
At 17 March, 2008, Blogger LL said...

Tink, Tink, Tink... No matter how much skill you have and the knowledge to change a tire, you should never turn down help like that. You would have given some poor schlub a great feeling inside for helping you out... you wouldn't have gotten all worked up, and you would have been able to enjoy your day.

*sigh* Just goes to show that once again, youth is wasted on the young... ;)

 
At 18 March, 2008, Blogger Freakazojd said...

I laughed out loud at "You dopes." I'm not sure why - I guess I haven't heard that for a while, and it's such a great one!
Good for you for trying to change the flat by yourself. But has anyone ever told you that you're stubborn? :) Dude, THREE GUYS tried to help you and you said "No"?! Oh well, it made for a funny post and I can't wait to see the pictures of the flattened superhero. Hee.

 
At 18 March, 2008, Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Javier Bardem was creepy...but wasn't he just a little sexy? That crooked smile? Mmmm.... Oh wait...killer...oh yeah. Great movie, tho.

 
At 18 March, 2008, Blogger gary rith said...

I read the book, 'No country..', and despite the great cast, I don't want to read or see that story again! Too awful!
Hey, ready for the photo challenge, bring 'er on...

 
At 18 March, 2008, Blogger Newt said...

"It looked like a cape. Like maybe my car had fallen on some hapless superhero." *snort* or perhaps more like *choke* on my coffee.

Sorry that your Sunday wasn't perfect but it did provide a great deal of blog fodder.

 
At 18 March, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You disappoint me Tinky. Where are the pictures?

I kid.

I do really hope that you have patched things up. Fighting is a waste of time. Trust me.

The six hours of extra sleep was funny too. Unfortunately when I woke this morning I was half an hour behind instead of ahead. ;(

 
At 18 March, 2008, Blogger R.E.H. said...

Sorry about your Sunday... but, despite all that, I can guarantee it was better than mine...

At least, I got a chuckle out of yours ;)

Looks like a couple of movies I'll have to check out... you had me sold on the Mad Max/Saw mix on that first one... though it seems the premise didn't hold up as well.

 
At 18 March, 2008, Blogger Chelle Y. said...

I have not had the courage to watch "NCFOM" yet. I cannot take those types of movies, but usually end of watching them stressed!

I saw "Gone, Baby, Gone" and "Horton Hears a Who." Now, Horton is my kind of movie! Haha!

 
At 18 March, 2008, Blogger Kelley said...

I unfortunately snickered out loud in class during lecture when I read the towel bit. I outed my lack of attention.

I think the pictures will justify it. :)

 
At 18 March, 2008, Blogger captain corky said...

"16. Maybe it's just as well. I might have gotten mauled by a rabid squirrel or something."

His name wouldn't happen to be Stu would it? Just curious. ;)

 
At 18 March, 2008, Blogger g-man said...

Bummer on the tire and bad movie. Thanks for the review of "no country for old men" For some reason the trailer for that put me off.

For the record I refrained from sending you a picture of a neon sign that read "Ceramic Tile" :)

 
At 18 March, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't watch No Country for Old Men. Javier creeped me right the eff out. Also, that bit with Josh Brolin's character in the beginning upset me.

I'm a wuss.

 
At 18 March, 2008, Blogger Joshua said...

Woah. sounds like you had a full weekend.

 
At 21 March, 2008, Blogger CRUSTY MOM-E said...

I didn't like the ending of Old Country..though...sorta abrupt...
but had you thinkin'

Did you leave yet for Tenny?
Better the screw on sunday, then on the way to see the Easter bunny

I best stop now..
and I'd love to know where I could find Photoshop..but regardless you are still a beautiful Soul!

Happy Easter Dear Tink!
My sons watched Peter Pan last night while on rental from our local Library, and I thought of you.
Sorry guys, NOT the way you'd wish, though!

Always,
Elizabeth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home