Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Regularly Scheduled Blogcast

Weekend Recap:
1. Friday afternoon Satan my Realtor phoned me. "The buyer just called me in tears! Apparently he doesn't have anywhere to live and he's wondering if you would let him move in before you close. He's been sleeping on his Boss's couch with all his stuff in a UHaul. It's so sad."
2. Now she has a soul.
3. "No, you want to know what's really sad? Hoop and I have been homeless for two weeks now for no reason! We packed, moved, missed a really great concert, inconvenienced my family, and we didn't have to. Not to mention the hour and forty minutes Hoop has been driving to work each day, ONE WAY. So I don't want to hear about inconveniences or sob stories. I'm not letting anyone move in until the house is officially closed."
4. I found balls I never knew I had.
5. So they arranged a closing at six o'clock that night. Hoop met up with me at the attorney's to make sure I wasn't eaten alive.
6. It wasn't until later that I was told the buyer had already started moving his things in. The Realtors had assumed I would say it was OK before they asked.
7. While signing the paperwork I mentioned how much I would have liked to meet the person who was moving into our house. He had signed earlier that morning. "He's so nice!" The Realtor gushed to us. "And very cute. You would have loved him. In fact, if you and Hoop don't work out-" I stared at her for a moment in shock.
8. It's a good thing looks really can't kill, otherwise Hoop would have maimed her.
9. As we were leaving it started to storm. Hoop and I stood out in the rain for awhile holding and kissing each other, enjoying the conclusion to a rather horrible experience. In that moment I realized... If we can get through this, we can get through anything!
10. Saturday morning Mom, Big Bit, and I went to the local humane society to look at some rescue horses. Unfortunately we didn't get to see the horses, but we DID get to play with puppies.
11. Coincidentally, the boys' evil Step Mom was visiting a humane society up in Indiana at the same time. Only, the puppies she looked at weren't the cute Terrier or Lab mixes we looked at. They were Boxer-Dane mixes.
12. True to their name, when she reached in to pet one it jumped up and gave her a black eye.
13. Karma's a bitch. :)
14. Saturday night Hoop and I met up with his coworkers for dinner and a Christmas gift exchange. We ate too much, laughed a lot, and fought over who would get a Bart Simpson ornament.
15. I won.
16. Sunday Hoop, the boys, and I went Christmas shopping at the mall.
17. We all left declaring, "Next year I'm shopping on Amazon!" Seriously. I think I spent more on lunch than I did on gifts. Poor Hoop hasn't found a single present yet.
18. On the way home Hoop entertained my brothers with stories of his youth. One involved beating up a friend's car so his parents would think it was vandalized and not wrecked while their son was sneaking out.
19. Another involved a friend who backed up the school's sewer system by plugging the toilets with leaves.
20. I started getting worried when the kids didn't take the stories for the moral lessons they were. "Sweet!" Big Bit laughed. "Cool!" Lil Bit yelled.
21. "Shit," I mumbled.


Contest courtesy of
Odd Mix:

(Color) Change:

A rarity in Florida.

Persist

Sometimes you take 20 shots just to get 1 perfect one.

(Some Random Weekend Pictures)

Me and My Shadows


On The Plate


Goofy Legs


Daily Hoop Conversation:
(After the company dinner)
Hoop: Do I have to...
Tink: Do you have to what?
Hoop: *Whispers* Hug them?
Tink: No.
Hoop: *Exhales* Oh good!
Tink: Were you worried?
Hoop: Well, once you start you can never stop. They'll expect hugs every time.
Tink: I think a handshake will do Babe.

I'm sorry I haven't commented on your blogs in awhile. I promise to make it up to you this week!

21 Comments:

At 05 December, 2006, Blogger Newt said...

Yippee! The house is sold and closed! Congrats!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the goofy legs.

I think I'll drink a sidecar in your honor tonight!

 
At 05 December, 2006, Blogger Jay said...

I'm so glad the house finally sold. Now you can file your complaint with the whoever regulates the Real Estate morons in Florida.

They wanted to move in early? And the realator let them BEFORE she asked you? Good Lord! It's a good thing the sale worked out otherwise I was going to tell you to have the cops throw them out of your house and padlock the place.

When mom sold her house the buyers moved in early but they had to sign a rental agreement.

 
At 05 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your realtor should get coal for Christmas....just sayin.

 
At 05 December, 2006, Blogger Mignon said...

I looked at Goofy Legs for a full 30 seconds before I realized what was goofy. I'm still a little confused though - are you in Wal-Mart?

 
At 05 December, 2006, Blogger Arabella said...

You go, girl!!! Congratulations on the house closing!!!

I can't BELIEVE the chutzpah of that realtor.

 
At 05 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make that complaint to the realtor police, then charge them rent (double what you would normally charge, just because you CAN)...I'm sure you could use the cash this time of year, and that realtor could use a lesson!

 
At 05 December, 2006, Blogger Gracey said...

I have never heard such a horror story experience with a realtor before. Glad you stood up and said "NO" to her even though she didn't listen obviously. At least it is over and you've probably learned some valuable lessons through it all.

 
At 05 December, 2006, Blogger mrspao said...

Hooooooooooooooray!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

 
At 05 December, 2006, Blogger EE said...

The GALL of that woman, your realtor! Insane. I was fuming READING about that! But woofuckinghoo...the house is SOLD!

LOVE the legs pics....

 
At 05 December, 2006, Blogger Lucia said...

Hopefully karma will take care of your realtor too!

 
At 05 December, 2006, Blogger Chris said...

Ok, now can I run over your realtor?? Sheesh!!

Your pictures always rock. Love love love them.

Oh yeah, shopping on amazon ROCKS. I just finished today. :)

 
At 05 December, 2006, Blogger Kell said...

Now can we put pins in the realtor voo-doo doll?!?

At least it's over. Congrats on having closed and done.

 
At 05 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe the set of balls your realtor has. Yowza.

But...it's CLOSED! Woo hoo! Congrats. :)

 
At 05 December, 2006, Blogger sassybead said...

Man, that realtor makes Edie the realtor on "Desperate Housewives" look like an angel! Wow - I'm just flabbergasted at her nerve. I'm proud of you for telling her off, because she soooo richly deserved it!

I just hope that your new realtor treats you with respect and care - you and Hoop certainly deserve it. And you're right - if you two can survive selling a house, you can survive anything. You have just been through one of the most stressful life events a couple can endure!

Now - good, good luck on finding a new house fulfill all of your wishes!

I love your pictures. The color change one is gorgeous!

 
At 05 December, 2006, Blogger Mike Y said...

I actually would have let the guy move in. I'm a sucker that way. But it's great you stood your ground.

And Hoops looks great in those pink Crocs. NOT! ;)

 
At 05 December, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

Glad to hear all went well with the house. And don't worry about the not commenting thing. I'm so far behind I didn't even know you'd moved!! Eeek!!

 
At 05 December, 2006, Blogger Peggy said...

Good for you and Hoop! I hope that you find a new place soon. We ALL hate your real estate moron. Are you going to write in a complaint? I would.

Love the photos Tink! Chin up about Christmas. I have purchased exactly NOTHING yet. Wait, does floor tiles count?

 
At 06 December, 2006, Blogger Jess Riley said...

That last picture is great.

Congrats on closing!!! I'm crossing my fingers that you guys find a new home soon. And way to go with that chutzpah, girl!

 
At 06 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that's weird to have leaves changing like that in florida. and they're pretty colorful. ours have been brown for weeks now.

e+

 
At 06 December, 2006, Blogger Katie said...

OK, I'm feeling very stupid about the goofy legs. I know they're not yours cuz they're kinda skinny and fuzzy looking, but how did you do that? I may be proving to the world how much I actually get out of the house, but this one is driving me crazy.

Oh, and congrats about the house. There are a few cute ones for sale up here in my neighborhood - want to move north?

 
At 06 December, 2006, Blogger graymama said...

I just had one of the moments where I realized I read your post, was interrupted by Buddy, and forgot to come back. Sorry :-(

Hooray for the house being sold, and that Persist shot is my favorite. It made me think about when Buddy will be that big :-)

Oh and great purse!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home