You No Like This Post?
1. My new favorite phrase is, "You no like-?"
2. You can blame Middlesex...
3. ...and the fact that I love annoying my annoying coworkers.
4. "You no like this pen? WHY? What did pen ever do to you?"
5. The book is about Greek incest, of all things. It's totally screwing with my head.
6. In other news, the weekend went smashingly well.
7. We had friends spend the night on Saturday!
8. I don't know what I'm more excited about: the fact that we have friends, or the fact that someone came over that wasn't there to fix or appraise something.
9. The day started off at a Kahlua party.
10. I was the youngest guest there, followed by a 39 year old. The rest were old enough to be my Grandmother.
11. The conversation was low-key until the women switched from coffee and Kahlua to Mimosas. Then the topic switched from books and movies to man-bashing and drugs.
12. One woman recounted how her husband had convinced her a pressure gage was really a breathalyzer and made her breathe into it before he let her get behind the wheel.
13. It took her a year to discover the truth.
14. Later that night, after Hoop and our friends (another couple) had downed a few free beers at home, we made our way to a local pizzeria where a one-man-band was set to perform.
15. This guy, Nate Holley, uses a sophisticated method of looping sound to make it appear that he's a band. The music is AMAZING.
16. Which is a good thing, because the service at this place was horrible. I was sober by the time he stopped playing.
17. Our waitress wasn't though. I caught her doing shots in the back with another patron. It was probably the shot I'd been waiting on for the last hour.
18. Sunday morning Hoop and I did nothing.
19. We pretty much did nothing until five o'clock, when we decided maybe we should do nothing at the movie theater.
MOVIE REVIEW: Beowulf (IN 3D)
Classic mythology meets CGI. This is NOT a cartoon for the kiddies. Bloody and brutal with plenty of eye-candy for both sexes. If you dig that sort of thing. It wasn't quite a romance, not quite a hero's tale, but it packed plenty of action and a moral at the end. The 3D version we paid four dollars extra to see definitely added a unique quality to the whole movie experience. Overall, Hoop and I gave this flick three out of five sporks.
Daily Hoop Conversation:
Tink: I'd like to get fake nails before the wedding. I used to get them done. They looked really good.
Hoop: I remember. You had fake nails when I first met you. Not that I'm saying you looked better before, but why did you stop?
Tink: They just seemed sort of... high maintenance.
Hoop: What's wrong with that?
Tink: Well- No, you're going to laugh.
Hoop: What? Tell me.
Tink: Oh-kay. Before I get something like that done I always think, but what if I get picked for Survivor?
Hoop: You don't even watch Survivor!
Tink: I know! But what if we get stranded on an island or something? What if your Dad wants to take us on a surprise nature adventure for a month? How stupid am I going to look with fake nails?
Hoop: Babe, if that ever happens, I vow to help you remove your nails before anyone notices. OK?
Hoop: But I would like to note that this is almost as ridiculous as driving around a huge gas guzzler on the CHANCE that you might have something to haul eventually.