Monday, November 12, 2007

Mondays Blow

Weekend Recap:
1. I think I have gamer's elbow.
2. Not to mention gamer's forearm, wrist, thumb, and pointer-finger.
3. It pretty much hurts if I make the gun sign with my hand.
4. I knew I should have stopped after two hours of continuous play on Friday night. But I couldn't let Hoop kill more bears than me!
5. He totally whooped my ass at squirrel hunting too.
6. Which he fails to see, makes him a bigger redneck than me.
7. Saturday morning, Hoop went off to work and I got gussied up to hand out resumes at the bank.
8. *Ahem* TO the bank. I wasn't standing on their street corner or anything.
9. Unfortunately, the representative there gave me the brush off before I could properly sell my soul.
10. "Have you ever worked at a bank?" "No, but-" "Because this is a very busy bank." "I'm-" "If you haven't worked at a bank before, it's doubtful that they'll hire you for this branch." "I'm used to working for busy-" "We'll let you know something soon." "Hm. Ok. Thank you."
11. Ah! I forgot how much job hunting makes me want to crawl into a hole and die.
12. Because of this, I've always prided myself on being a polite interviewer.
13. Even to that idiot who came 30 minutes late on Thursday and then confessed that she lives three hours away.
14. Although the young woman who gave a lengthy explanation as to why she was "wrongfully" accused of battery was a close second.
15. Sunday morning, Hoop and I rode out to Orlando to meet up with the wonderful
Mary and her two adorable kiddos.
16. I'd originally picked Downtown Disney because it's free and rarely busy, and between the Lego center and the live shows, there's usually something interesting for children to get into.
17. What I didn't know was that this weekend they were putting on a chalk show. The crowds were at least triple what they are normally at this time of year.
18. But it's hard to mess up good company. So none of us minded the people too much.
19. My favorite part of the day was when the kids were given chalk and a small square of sidewalk to make into their own masterpiece.
20. Clara was working on some flowers while her brother, Jacob, made a nice Mario and Luigi scene.
21. Meanwhile Hoop, who was hell-bent on showing me up, worked on a large Tinkerbell portrait. (Pictures to come)
22. At one point a gentleman walking by asked me, "And how old is YOUR child?" Hmm. 30 going on 5. ;)

Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: You know what's gross?
Tink: What?
Hoop: Shit. I'm pretty sure 'shit' is the grossest thing there is.
Tink: What about a rotting body?
Hoop: Hm. That would be second on the list.
Tink: What about a pus-filled boil?
Hoop: Ewww! That would be third.
Tink: I don't understand how 'shit' is still number one.
Hoop: I base it on what I would NOT be willing to rub on my face.
Tink: So... You would rather rub a rotting body on your face than poop?
Hoop: Hey, 'shit' is pretty nasty. What- what are you doing?
Tink: I'm pretending to rub a dead body on my face. I don't care what you say. This is much more gross.

We are SO mature.

Don't forget the
WWC tommorrow. The words for this week are RED and ARCHITECTURE.

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At 12 November, 2007, Blogger Jay said...

That guy you talked to at that bank is just embarrassed by how easy his job is. That's why he treats everybody as if he doesn't think they can handle it.

I swear with all the people on the blogosphere talking so much about their Wiis and other video games I'm dying to play video games now. But, I don't get out of the house much as it is. If I were to get hooked on a video game machine nobody would see me for weeks! LOL

 
At 12 November, 2007, Blogger Candy said...

At first I thought your gamer's elbow was from the same thing mine is: Guitar Hero. But there aren't any squirrels to shoot in Guitar Hero, so I'm guessing I'm wrong.

 
At 12 November, 2007, Blogger Kell said...

Maybe there could be a three-way tie for grossest thing, because those things you guys came up with are pretty darn gross.

 
At 12 November, 2007, Blogger fiwa said...

Maturity is highly overrated - much better to laugh together.

Too bad about the bank thing, but you never know, maybe that guy is just an ass. There's always the possibility he's just on a power trip, and someone who has the real power to make decision will call you.

 
At 12 November, 2007, Blogger Pamer said...

Awww, I wanna draw pictures on the sidewalk. I can draw a wicked hot rod car...or a cow, i can draw a cow

 
At 12 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whole interviewing process is pretty grueling I think. We went through a stack of applications, whittled them down to 12, and then very shortly there were only 3 that were really good candidates. Having been on the other side of the table does make you realize how important it is to be a polite interviewer. Every one of the 12 applicants wanted the job so badly. The worst part was calling the 11 that didn't get the job. The good news is, if the bank doesn't handle applicants any better than they did you, they probably wouldn't be that good of an employer either.

 
At 12 November, 2007, Blogger geenalyn said...

so are you going to come down and meet me too when i'm in your neck of the woods in 2 weeks. Cause i can guarantee meeting me and my gaggle of children would be a life affirming and unforgettable experience

 
At 12 November, 2007, Blogger Lynnea said...

I swear there is never a dull moment at your house. There can't be with two maniac children like you. I need to loosen up my brain and get it back to that wonderful time when pretending to rub rotting bodies on your face would come naturally. There was a time for that wasn't there?

 
At 13 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you. Gun to my head and I am taking a shit facial before a dead body or a puss filled boil come anywhere near me.

 
At 13 November, 2007, Blogger captain corky said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 13 November, 2007, Blogger captain corky said...

Is it true that she turned out to be the employee of the year? I bet she's also an excellent Mother.

 
At 13 November, 2007, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Geez, I had to go back and catch up. I thought you lost your job or something.

Can't wait to see the chalk pics. Don't go against Hoop. Hoop always wins.

 
At 13 November, 2007, Blogger g-man said...

How about the poop from a dead person? (yanno removed surgically after he/she is dead) Looking forward to WWC, I already posted. :)

 
At 13 November, 2007, Blogger Nettie said...

Where do you come from? Dead body rubbing? I can't stand it.

 
At 13 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't you glad you're not gonna have to work with that guy?!

Sorry, I'm behind a couple of days lately.

 
At 13 November, 2007, Blogger Newt said...

LOL, ROTFLMAO, you are too funny girl. And, uh, Hoops Tink looks sorta evil.

 
At 14 November, 2007, Blogger mrspao said...

My sympathy to you on the job hunting front. I hate the whole process. Sounds like you had a relaxing-ish time despite that.

 
At 16 November, 2007, Blogger Me said...

What the hell is Hoop doing thinking about rubbing turds into his face?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home