1. I think I have gamer's elbow.
2. Not to mention gamer's forearm, wrist, thumb, and pointer-finger.
3. It pretty much hurts if I make the gun sign with my hand.
4. I knew I should have stopped after two hours of continuous play on Friday night. But I couldn't let Hoop kill more bears than me!
5. He totally whooped my ass at squirrel hunting too.
6. Which he fails to see, makes him a bigger redneck than me.
7. Saturday morning, Hoop went off to work and I got gussied up to hand out resumes at the bank.
8. *Ahem* TO the bank. I wasn't standing on their street corner or anything.
9. Unfortunately, the representative there gave me the brush off before I could properly sell my soul.
10. "Have you ever worked at a bank?" "No, but-" "Because this is a very busy bank." "I'm-" "If you haven't worked at a bank before, it's doubtful that they'll hire you for this branch." "I'm used to working for busy-" "We'll let you know something soon." "Hm. Ok. Thank you."
11. Ah! I forgot how much job hunting makes me want to crawl into a hole and die.
12. Because of this, I've always prided myself on being a polite interviewer.
13. Even to that idiot who came 30 minutes late on Thursday and then confessed that she lives three hours away.
14. Although the young woman who gave a lengthy explanation as to why she was "wrongfully" accused of battery was a close second.
15. Sunday morning, Hoop and I rode out to Orlando to meet up with the wonderful Mary and her two adorable kiddos.
16. I'd originally picked Downtown Disney because it's free and rarely busy, and between the Lego center and the live shows, there's usually something interesting for children to get into.
17. What I didn't know was that this weekend they were putting on a chalk show. The crowds were at least triple what they are normally at this time of year.
18. But it's hard to mess up good company. So none of us minded the people too much.
19. My favorite part of the day was when the kids were given chalk and a small square of sidewalk to make into their own masterpiece.
20. Clara was working on some flowers while her brother, Jacob, made a nice Mario and Luigi scene.
21. Meanwhile Hoop, who was hell-bent on showing me up, worked on a large Tinkerbell portrait. (Pictures to come)
22. At one point a gentleman walking by asked me, "And how old is YOUR child?" Hmm. 30 going on 5. ;)
Daily Hoop Conversation:
Hoop: You know what's gross?
Hoop: Shit. I'm pretty sure 'shit' is the grossest thing there is.
Tink: What about a rotting body?
Hoop: Hm. That would be second on the list.
Tink: What about a pus-filled boil?
Hoop: Ewww! That would be third.
Tink: I don't understand how 'shit' is still number one.
Hoop: I base it on what I would NOT be willing to rub on my face.
Tink: So... You would rather rub a rotting body on your face than poop?
Hoop: Hey, 'shit' is pretty nasty. What- what are you doing?
Tink: I'm pretending to rub a dead body on my face. I don't care what you say. This is much more gross.
We are SO mature.
Don't forget the WWC tommorrow. The words for this week are RED and ARCHITECTURE.