Monday, February 18, 2008

Uber-Post

Not Far From The Tree:
Lil Bit's Friend: There are these people that crap in bottles-
Mom: They do what?
Tink: That would be tricky to manuever.
LBF: -and they let it ferment-
Lil Bit: Ewww!
LBF: -than they huff it to get high.
Mom: I don't believe you.
LBF: It's true!
Mom: Uh huh.
LBF: They call it Butt Hash.

Weekend Recap:
1. Hoop arrived home at 1:30 this morning...
2. ...and got up at 6:30 to get ready for work.
3. Despite the lack of sleep, he was UP *cough* and ready to go this morning.
4. Unfortunately, I was not.
5. After waiting until midnight last night for him, and waking every thirty minutes after because I thought I heard a key in the door, I was zombified from the time my alarm blared this morning until lunch.
6. When I say I'm not a morning person, I mean the ENTIRE morning.
7. Spending the weekend with my family was nice. Saturday night, Papa Bear was on call for his job and my brothers were spending the night at friends'. So Mom and I went to see "
The Spiderwick Chronicles."

MOVIE REVIEW: It was after a rather unpromising start that I turned to Mom and said, "You know, we could have watched ANYTHING." Leave it to us to pick a kid's movie the one night we're kid-free. Fortunately, the movie got better as it went along, a lot better. The story didn't feel at all rushed, which is the plight of so many book-to-movie conversions (think Harry Potter and The Golden Compass). The computer animation was stunning. The acting was believable, and the tale itself was truly captivating. I can't wait to read the books. Mom and I gave this movie five out of five sporks.

8. Sunday morning Mom, Lil Bit, Lil Bit's friend Chance, and I went shopping. The boys, both 13/14 years old, amused us with their pessimistic teenage views and abuse of the words "uber" and "super".
9. At one point I told Chance I was going to hurt him if he said uber one more time. He told me I was uber-scary.
10. Later that night, on the way home, I had to pull over the car to wrestle a cupcake from my dog.
11. Apparently he likes them as much as I do.
12. Of course Hoop had to call at that precise moment.
13. As he passed the phone around to various family members, I tried to act interested while simultaneously playing tug-o-war with a Rat Terrier and a cupcake plate.
14. I'm pretty sure I accidentally told Nash he was a "bad dog".
15. The happy ending is, my cupcakes were saved, Hoop is home, and another Monday is almost done. Yay!

How was your weekend?

Labels: ,

27 Comments:

At 18 February, 2008, Blogger Peggy said...

Our resident 14 year old says things are "random" quite a bit. Has the word changed use when I wasn't looking?

I'm glad your man is home.

I'd never fight our dog for a cupcake. She's not aggressive but as a bull terrier, she's got jaws like bolt cutters!

 
At 18 February, 2008, Blogger Doc said...

Uber Uber Uber.... Just kidding.

I am glad that Hoop is home...to bad you go no sleep.

 
At 18 February, 2008, Blogger Jay said...

This post was uber cool. That movie sounds uber cool too. Even it I've never heard of it before.

I think I'm going to use the word "uber" in comments on your blog all week. Cause I'm uber annoying that way. ;-)



Butt Hash?? No. Way.

 
At 18 February, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, am uber-tired today. It might have been the brain cramp from watching 2 subtitled films last night: "Butterfly" and "Life is Beautiful." Surprisingly, my dreams were not speaking in a mix of Spanish and Italian. WWII might have been in there somewhere, though.
Unlike you, I stayed in bed until 11:30 this morning! Not that it helped...
And unlike you, I have never wrestled a dog for a cupcake.

 
At 18 February, 2008, Blogger Jen said...

The husband and I saw "Jumper." It was, ah, disjointed. I think it had the problem of being rushed, as you mention, so many movies do this day and age. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good.

My new career: movie critic.




Ha!

I'm glad Hoop made it home safe and sound. Enjoy your night with him! May it be good and full of nookie.

 
At 18 February, 2008, Blogger Pamer said...

unfortunately I have heard of the Butt Hash thing!!! Gross

BTW happy Family Day!!!
Yeah, it's Family Day here in Canada...(no work Yay) and i think it was cool that you had so much to say about your family.

I haven't heard a peep from anyone in my family.

 
At 18 February, 2008, Blogger Moi said...

I include anything before 1:30 P.M. as "morning time". I am soooo not a morning person.

Note to self: stop saying uber

 
At 18 February, 2008, Blogger Jay said...

I can't say that I've cupcake-wrestled in a longish time.

 
At 18 February, 2008, Blogger R.E.H. said...

Butt Hash?

Well, I always thought drugs were crap - but that goes to the extreme! ;)

Glad you got you cupcake back, and your boy.

That's just uber super!

 
At 18 February, 2008, Blogger Chris said...

So here's what I want to know - do you think that's the first time Nash has been called a bad dog? ;)

 
At 18 February, 2008, Blogger gary rith said...

"UP"? *cough!*

 
At 18 February, 2008, Blogger mamatulip said...

Dude, I have totally heard of Butt Hash. That's DISGUSTING.

 
At 18 February, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Butt hash, man I wish I had that much time to sit around and dream stuff up like that ...

~Jef

 
At 18 February, 2008, Blogger Spamboy said...

Butt hash = Dutch Oven in a can

 
At 18 February, 2008, Blogger flutter said...

I am still stuck on Butt Hash....are there air potatoes involved?

 
At 18 February, 2008, Blogger Jo said...

Uck, I hope I forget the Butt Hash...I can't believe people are that desperate.

I'm glad Spiderwick didn't disappoint, I've been wanting to see it!

 
At 18 February, 2008, Blogger the planet of janet said...

butt hash.

my head is reeling so hard from that ... i could barely register the rest of your post.

i THINK you said that cupcakes are home and hoop was saved from the dog. right?

uh. yeah.

 
At 18 February, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about the butt hash on Kevin Smith's podcast. It sounds like the most awful idea ever. lol

I'm glad that you liked that movie, I doubt I would see it.

 
At 19 February, 2008, Blogger mrspao said...

Those cupcakes must have been uber-good!

 
At 19 February, 2008, Blogger captain corky said...

I learn some very disturbing things here, Tink. ;) But don't worry, I'm not going to try to get high on some butt Hash...

 
At 19 February, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

Butt Hash=Jenkum

They were talking about it on the radio not too long ago.

 
At 19 February, 2008, Blogger furiousBall said...

when i had the gauze in my mouth and i called someone a loser, it rhymed with uber. just sayin'

 
At 19 February, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wegman's cupcakes.
Yum.

Glad you survived! or should I say glad Hoop survived?

 
At 19 February, 2008, Blogger g-man said...

Super-uber-funny post!! ;)

Glad all is well in Tink world.

 
At 19 February, 2008, Blogger Tequila Mockingbird said...

HAAAAAAAAAA! those jenkem people actually won an award over at my blog!

 
At 19 February, 2008, Blogger Sparkling Red said...

I love cupcakes. For one cupcake per batch, you can hire me to be your personal cupcake security guard. (Just keep in mind that if it doesn't have icing, you can't call it a cupcake. Muffins don't count in this deal.)

 
At 21 February, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to know that 13 year old boys are still into the scatological. It gives me hope for our future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home