Not Far From The Tree:
Lil Bit's Friend: There are these people that crap in bottles-
Mom: They do what?
Tink: That would be tricky to manuever.
LBF: -and they let it ferment-
Lil Bit: Ewww!
LBF: -than they huff it to get high.
Mom: I don't believe you.
LBF: It's true!
Mom: Uh huh.
LBF: They call it Butt Hash.
1. Hoop arrived home at 1:30 this morning...
2. ...and got up at 6:30 to get ready for work.
3. Despite the lack of sleep, he was UP *cough* and ready to go this morning.
4. Unfortunately, I was not.
5. After waiting until midnight last night for him, and waking every thirty minutes after because I thought I heard a key in the door, I was zombified from the time my alarm blared this morning until lunch.
6. When I say I'm not a morning person, I mean the ENTIRE morning.
7. Spending the weekend with my family was nice. Saturday night, Papa Bear was on call for his job and my brothers were spending the night at friends'. So Mom and I went to see "The Spiderwick Chronicles."
MOVIE REVIEW: It was after a rather unpromising start that I turned to Mom and said, "You know, we could have watched ANYTHING." Leave it to us to pick a kid's movie the one night we're kid-free. Fortunately, the movie got better as it went along, a lot better. The story didn't feel at all rushed, which is the plight of so many book-to-movie conversions (think Harry Potter and The Golden Compass). The computer animation was stunning. The acting was believable, and the tale itself was truly captivating. I can't wait to read the books. Mom and I gave this movie five out of five sporks.
8. Sunday morning Mom, Lil Bit, Lil Bit's friend Chance, and I went shopping. The boys, both 13/14 years old, amused us with their pessimistic teenage views and abuse of the words "uber" and "super".
9. At one point I told Chance I was going to hurt him if he said uber one more time. He told me I was uber-scary.
10. Later that night, on the way home, I had to pull over the car to wrestle a cupcake from my dog.
11. Apparently he likes them as much as I do.
12. Of course Hoop had to call at that precise moment.
13. As he passed the phone around to various family members, I tried to act interested while simultaneously playing tug-o-war with a Rat Terrier and a cupcake plate.
14. I'm pretty sure I accidentally told Nash he was a "bad dog".
15. The happy ending is, my cupcakes were saved, Hoop is home, and another Monday is almost done. Yay!
How was your weekend?